- To refine our curriculum to provide a high level of student engagement and encourage an enjoyment of literature
- To improve all areas of our students' literacy to equip them for life
- To make use of new technologies across our programs
English Courses offered
Years 7-10 options:
- Select Entry Accelerated Learning (SEAL)
- Mainstream English
Specific attention is accorded the work of the Learning Resource Centre in the following areas:
- Bridge program - for nominated students of the incoming Year 7 intake and students at other levels previously identified as requiring specific assistance. Class numbers are limited and classes are conducted by specialist teachers.
- Specific assistance to EAL students including the International Student program
- VCAL English programs at Years 11 and 12
VCE English - Year 11- Units 1 and 2, Year 12- Units 3 and 4
VCE Literature - Year 11 - Units 1 and 2, Year 12 - Units 3 and 4
Fairhills has a long standing commitment to Inter-School Debating and Public Speaking.
There are opportunities to participate in the Debaters Association of Victoria Inter-school Debating contest. and the Hills Inter-school Public Speaking competition.
At Year 7, students participate in the Premier's Reading Challenge to enhance their wider reading.