ESL Academic and Career Counselling and Pastoral Support Services:
The Overseas Student Co-ordinator, ESL staff, Student Counsellor and Careers Counsellor work with other supportive and caring staff to provide our international students with ongoing counselling and advice regarding academic, personal and social issues. The students progress is monitored through small group and individual sessions on a regular basis.
We maximise academic potential by providing:
- Extensive ESL support in small groups on site at all year levels by qualified, caring staff
- A comfortable and spacious School Learning Resource Centre with excellent resources such as computers where students can access the internet at no cost, microwave, coffee making facilities.
- Interim Reports each term and Semester Reports with detailed comments in the required language
- Specialist Tutors available each Wednesday at no extra cost
- Class Mentors – usually local students who ensure that students are aware of deadlines regarding submission of work etc.
- Thorough preparation of students for tertiary study and advice on subject selection and career options. For example: MIPS (Managed Individual Pathways Strategy Program) at Year 10, Study Skills Camp for Year 12 students at a regional university
- Visits are also arranged to local universities such as Melbourne, Monash, Swinburne and Deakin
Registered Provider: Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
CRICOS Provider Code: 00861K